Sunday 5 February 2012

Missing Suki



I know I haven't posted for ages, Christmas seems so long ago, and yes, it was very happy, but memories of it have been overshadowed by the loss of Suki, who was run over on New Year's Eve and killed instantlyMy neighbour found her and it must have only just happened she was so warm.  We are all missing our precious little one, who wasn't even 3 years old.  To lose her so young just seems to make it worseIt was such a shock, she was scared of strangers and cars and we didn't realise she was crossing the road, I just imagine that she was happy and chasing a bird or squirrel.



How tiny she was when we first had her, and she never grew very big, but so full of mischief and she grew into a real character.  She loved to be with us, always there, and so inquisitive.  Suki, like most Bengals, loved water and sat watching whilst I had my shower every morning and then had to pounce on my toes whilst I was getting dried.  You only had to call to her that it was time to peg the washing out or get it in and she would be there, running around by me whilst I was outside.  In the kitchen she loved sitting on her climbing frame watching the cooking and ironing, happy to be up high.  

She liked collecting feathers and was always so proud when she brought one in.  Even better were the mice, which she happily shared with her brother.  How carefully she carried in butterflies and most times they were undamaged and could be rescued.


Suki thought snow was wonderful and would mieow constantly for someone to go and throw snowballs for her to chase.  We would tire of the game well before she did!


Poor Samba is really grieving too.  He has only just started playing again these last few days, before that he just slept or sat looking out the window for her.  He went round the house, peeking round corners expecting her to pounce on him.  Suki may have been small but she was the boss and Samba knew it.

It is so hard at the moment, so many times every day I am reminded of her, I miss her so very much, but I thank God that she came into our lives, and that she had such a happy perfect life even though it was so short.  For such a small cat she has left giant pawprints on my heart.

8 comments:

  1. Such a sad story, be grateful that you had her though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sad, but your memories of her are beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry, what. Sad start to the year. She was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry, how heartbreaking. Please consider adopting another cat to keep Samba company when you feel up to it. There are so many cats in need of a good home like yours. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for you - it is so hard to lose a furry friend, and it takes a long time to get over the loss.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh, this post made me cry. rip suki.

    ps. It was lovely to see you the other day xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh--- I'm so so sorry. We love our kitties so much- I can truly feel your heartache. She was so beautiful- I'm so very sorry. I hope you are able to bring another kitty into your life soon- it will ease the loss for both you and her kitty friend.

    Bless your heart--
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete